UTS Housing The decision was made - I am going to Sydney. What an exciting time, in which a lot had to be organised, of course also the accommodation. Considering the UTS Housing is an excellent idea. Yura Mudang, Bulga Ngurra, Geegal, Gumal Ngurang and Wattle Lane are five accommodations which are all located nearby the UTS campus. During my semester abroad I stayed in Yura Mudang, so this is to what I will primarily refer in this report.
Living in Yura Mudang means living on top of the DAB Building, and with its rooftop area, it also feels kind of living on top of the CBD. In the housing itself, there are several different types of apartments. Some are shared, and others are studios, but however, you will get to know a lot of people from all around the world. Especially with all the organised events, there is always something going on here.
Some events during the last semester (autumn 2018):
- Annual Dinner
- Athletics & Sports Carnival
- Classes to learn different languages such as Japanese, French, Spanish,
- Classes to improve study skills such as Excel classes, corporate accounting, English writing, assignment helps and so on
- Watching a rugby game in Sydney, bike tours around, UTS housing pop up concert
- Bondi to Coogee Walk
These are just a few events to give an idea of how much is happening in housing. It will never get boring around here.
Living in Yura Mudang is very comfortable! The facilities for the students are massive:
- Games room with pool tables and ping pong table
- Two large common TV and lounge room areas with pay TV and kitchen facilities
- Theatre - Study rooms and study lab with printing and scanning facilities
- Music room with grand piano and more
- Outdoor areas with BBQ facilities
- Free cabled internet in all rooms and access to limited wireless internet
- Coffee twice a week for free
- AND a free membership for the gym
You lost your key; is something bothering you? No worries, you will always get helped. Either you turn to the lovely ladies at the reception, the security or the RN's. RN stands for Residential Net worker, and these are students who live in the housing themselves and are always available for questions and worries.