1. Catch the ferry with the locals to Manly for priceless views of Sydney Harbour.
2. Visit the iconic Sydney Opera House; see a performance if you can.
3. Walk the Coogee to Bondi Beach coastal track and cool off with a swim along the way (in between the flags, of course!).
4. Take in the view from Taronga Park Zoo as you visit some of Australia’s unique native animals.
5. Walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge and take in the breath-taking views of the city and harbour.
6. Catch a film at one of the open air cinemas in summer. The cinema at Mrs. Macquarie’s Point has the spectacular Harbour Bridge as a backdrop.
7. Explore Sydney’s unique convict heritage in The Rocks, and walk round to Barangaroo Reserve, with its harbour lookouts and striking foreshore.
8. Enjoy the restaurants and incredible weekly fireworks displays at the Darling Harbour entertainment predict. Better still, stay for New Year’s Eve fireworks if you can make it.
9. Go sport-mad like an Aussie! Catch a game of cricket, tennis, rugby league, Australian rules footy (AFL) or even soccer, at one of the many sports grounds. Pick a team and wear their colours!
10. Venture to the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains west of Sydney, or the beautiful Royal National Park (South) or Ku-rin-gai Chase National Park (North) for bushwalking and breathtaking scenery.